Yoga & Anatomy
The Matrix of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Saturday, August 26, 3 to 530pm (P3,750)
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is perhaps one of the most misunderstood styles in the yoga world even though so many other styles are influenced by it. The practice is more than just a sequence of postures. It is doing those postures while maintaining breath, bandha, and dristhi. In this workshop, we first understand the context within which the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga method came to be. Then we look at the essential elements that make it distinct and an extremely internal practice.
• Understand the context of Ashtanga Yoga
• Dive deep into bandhas
• Understand what vinyasa means
• Discover techniques of integration
Sunday, August 27, 830am (P1,500)
Three Anatomical Points to Effortless Practice
Sunday, August 27, 3 to 530pm (P3,750)
There are three anatomical points that, when accessed, will establish strength, stability, ease and effortlessness in your practice.
• Anatomical explanation of the three key points
• Techniques to access these points
• Understand their relationship to bandha
• Apply the techniques to Sun Salutations
• Utilize the three anatomical points for focus
By focusing on these three points you will develop safe and effective movement that becomes expansive and effortless. It sounds too good to be true, but this is the really the basis of understanding the physical component of bandhas in your yoga practice.
Come and experience a truly new way to move in your body and take your practice to the next level.
Click here to learn more about David.